Saturday, August 13, 2011

Animal Spirit

I am active in the bed, seriously, I am an animal. (uh....wait....o, uh were you thinking something nasty....shame on you). I mean sleeping-hello.
I am what is called an "active" sleeper. We have a queen sized bed, which means it is 60 X80. With my sleeping patterns I tend to take up the following dimensions, 59 X75. It is always great for me because I am a good sleeper. I fall to sleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow, and I rarely wake up in the middle of the night. I have always been a really hard sleeper, and once I am out, it is hard to wake me up. While this is fabulous for me, this is not so wonderful for the hubs, for several reasons.
First, I tend to sleep as an X. I sleep on my stomach with my arms flailing to both sides and my legs are all over the place. And then I move. It is not uncommon for me to wake up with my head falling off the side of the bed, with my legs falling off the other, in an almost horizontal position as opposed to the vertical position I started out.
I noticed the other night that P sleeps on his side with half of his body falling off the bed, while I take up the majority of it. Plus, I run cold, so I tend to be all over him for warmth. Again, this is great for me, but not so great for him, because he runs hot. Apparently at some point in the night, every night, I tend to throw my arm across his chest and my leg on his stomach which restricts his breathing. Whoops, but again, I have no control over this and I get a great night sleep and P, well he manages some how.
There are times that I feel bad about taking up 98% of the bed, but really there is nothing I can really do about it, so I just go on about my night sleeping beautifully.
We want to get a king size bed, but due to living in an apartment right now, our bedroom is too small for that large of a bed. I think the only thing that gets P through the night is him dreaming of a king sized, no a California king sized bed that we will buy someday.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Too funny! Hopefully when you have kids, they don't want to get in bed with you guys!! I usually curl up with my chihuahua until one of my kids (and remember they are 10 and soon to be 13!) crawl in bed with us. You guys will definitely need a Cal king! Haha!! Love that you get a good sleep even though it sounds like you are constantly moving!