Monday, April 30, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
1. I wore a skirt with unshaved legs this week.
2. I ate an entire pizza in less than 12 hours.
3. I ate some gold fish and when I got to the bottom of the bag, I pulled the lift it to my mouth and catch all the crumbs move.
4. We have watched 4 Twilight movies in 2 days, yet my todo list is longer than its ever been.
5. I am team Jacob.
Fess up what have you done wrong this week.
Monday, April 23, 2012
This past weekend, I drove down to central Texas to hang out with my family while P was out of town on a business trip. Saturday morning after my run, my mom and I combined our coupons with the sales, and ended up shopping at Target and Walgreens.
We got a ton of stuff for our stockpiles. Here is a breakdown of what we purchased:
10 packs of laundry detergent
Pasta and sauce for the food bank
6 packs of razors
3 packs of dog food
Bottled Water (3 packs still in the car)
Drum roll please.......savings of almost 100.00, plus a gift card to Target, and a 10.00 rebate check coming to us!
The best deal we found was the detergent was buy one get one free at Walgreens. We had coupons for the detergent so we got 2 for 4.99!
T'was an awesome shopping trip!
Friday, April 20, 2012
1. I ran out of clean socks, so I rewore dirty ones several times this week.
2. I finish all of my meals before P.
3. I openly stared at a woman changing in her car as we sat in bumper to bumper traffic.
4. I ate an entire box of Morning Star chick-n-patties in less than 12 hours.
What did you do wrong this week?
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
It is true, P is off dairy, and I have not asked him about it nor have I given him much credit for it at all. Over a month ago I was making my grocery list, and I asked P if he needed more milk, and he responded no. I asked again the next week, and P said no again. I think I questioned him a few times, but I didn't think much of it. Rather than boast about it and make a huge deal, P just quietly began to remove dairy from his diet. He didn't make a scene, he didn't tell me, preach at me, or try to convince me to do it, he just did it. That's the difference between P and I. I want to talk about it, convince others that my way is correct, and get credit for doing it. Where I can be loud, boisterous, and judgy, P is quiet, humble, and wants to take action and is not concerned with getting the credit.
As I have thought about this past few days, I have come to realize, it is more than just being off dairy that P does with looking for credit, he does a lot, and I never thank him nor acknowledge it. On the weekends, I do the laundry and deep clean the house. If P is gone, or taking a nap, I make sure to tell him how much I did because he needs to know ho much I do around here, and isn't he grateful for me. I am really good about getting the house cleaned on the weekends. What I am not so great about is keeping it clean during the week. Every day I carry no less than 4 bags with me. A purse, work bag, lunch, and my workout bag. When I get home in the evenings, I dump the bags right in the middle of the floor, and am content to leave them there until the next morning. P comes behind me and picks up my junk and puts it away. Everyday this happens, and never once have I thanked him. Just thinking about it now gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach, realizing how often I fail to say thank you.
That's just how he is, and WHO he is. He spends most of his days looking for opportunities to serve other people and never seeks recognition for the things he does. The longer we are married, the more I realize that I truly married up. He is out of my league and I have no idea what I did to deserve getting such a good husband.
What are some things your loved ones do that you never give them credit for?
Monday, April 16, 2012
Friday, April 13, 2012
1. I ate a fermented orange.
2. I didn't put make up on a quarter of my face because I was too busy trying to read something while getting ready.
3. I have been caught staring at a guy at the gym because he looks EXACTLY like Leonard.
4. I wore two different color socks and it was super obvious, and someone pointed it out.
5. We decided to do a no spend April. We both ended up with new shoes last weekend.
All right, fess up, what have you done wrong this week?
Monday, April 9, 2012
Every time I post about my shopping trips, I always get comments from you lovely chicka's about how you can't find deals, or don't have the time, or the brain power to coupon. Ladies, all of that ends today! I am sending ya'llto school, couponing school. Here is the Simple Gal's Guide to: Couponing. It is simple, and trust me, if I can do it, you can do it.
Step 1: Getting and organizing your coupons.
A. Buy a paper and pull out the inserts. Every week I go through the inserts and clip the coupons for items that I would typically buy. (I.E.-Soap, detergent, pickles, bread, Soy Milk, Salad dressing, etc.) Then I take the insert and put it in a file folder with the date listed, and keep it in the box below.
Have you had any successful couponing lately?
Friday, April 6, 2012
1.I am trying to cut out sugar from my diet. I had large amounts of chocolate every single day this week.
2. I am trying to cut out sugar from my diet. I made a massive amount of cupcakes yesterday.
3. I am trying to cut out sugar from my diet. I didn't eat any cupcakes, but I ate copious amounts of batter.
4. I was mad at P and the first words out of my mouth when we talked on the phone were "I'm really pissed off."
5. I cussed four times yesterday as I sat in traffic.
That feels better now to get it off my chest. Fess up friends, what did you do wrong this week? Don't make me feel like the only bad girl this week.