This is not my recipe, but I have been making it for years. (I cannot remember where I found it either)
This is a great meal, its healthy, easy, and delicious!
Ground Bison (Can substitute group turkey or chicken)
3 cloves minced garlic
2 sweet potatoes
1 bag frozen vegetables
1.Soften the sweet potatoes. This can be done either by boiling them in water for about 15 minutes or steaming them.
2.While the sweet potatoes are softening brown your meat in a hot skillet. Once browned, drain any excess liquid, and set aside.
3. In the skillet cook the onions until translucent then add the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add your protein back to the skillet and season to taste and mix well.
5. Transfer everything to the crockpot.
6. Next, add your bag of mixed veggies. No need to defrost them. Once you add them to the crockpot the heat from the protein will do that for you. Mix everything well.
7. Add your beef broth to the mixture. Add only enough to fill the crock pot just below the food line. Don't over fill because it will get soupy.
8.At this point, the sweet potatoes should be soft enough to put in your food processor. Give them a whirl until they are fully creamed.
9. Using a spatula, spread the whipped sweet potatoes over the meat and veggies.
11. Take the lid off for the last 30 minutes of cooking to allow the top layer of the potatoes to crisp up slightly.
12. Eat and enjoy!
We eat this meal at least twice a month every winter. Its healthy, filling, and we love it!
Hope y'all like it too!