Monday, February 15, 2010

Why Blog?

I really enjoy writing this blog. It is a place for me to process, share, vent, and laugh. It is my own personal place to sometimes just think out loud. Just as much as I enjoy writing this blog, I really enjoy reading blogs. Daily I visit so many different blogs and I can't wait to see who has posted when I open up the Internet in the mornings. I like to know what people are thinking and what is going on in their world. I love getting to find out what people are thinking and feeling. Your thoughts make me look at things in a different light. Your words inspire me, change me, and can transform me. It gives me a small glimpse into your world.
When I lived in town one of my favorite things was to run through neighborhoods around dinner time. I loved getting to run by the houses where the window shades were still open and I could see people having dinner inside, or see someone firing up the bbq pit to grill some steaks. It gave me a small 2 second glimpse into the decor of their house and into their lives. That is how I feel about blogs. It gives me a small glimpse into your life....so thanks for sharing your life with me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

right back at you! the other day I was driving past this house and saw inside. I noticed a mom and her baby sitting at the table. It was so touching actually. It made me feel like some people are doing it right. Sitting down at the table having time together. you know what I mean?

A Friend Across the Miles said...

Funny how blogging shortens the miles between people. I'm so glad that I've "met" you!

Brooke said...

i feel the same. nothing like running through the neighborhood and saying "howdy" to those who are out and about.

"howdy"!!