Thursday, April 15, 2010

I feel like I can breathe again

Life has been kind of crazy lately. Busy. Lots going on. Busy. Lots of changes.
I really prefer to have a few things going on and do them really really well, rather than have a ton going on, and just be ok at it all. I like to focus my energies and get tasks accomplished.
I have forgotten a few things these last few weeks and I think it is simply because I am so busy and have not been able to get organized. So tonight I am playing hookie to bible study. After work I went to the gym and had an awesome work out. I ran a really quick 3 miles and lifted, and I just took my time. I plugged in my ipod and just zoned out. Because I have been so busy recently my workout have been rushed and not great. Tonight I got to take my time, I really pushed myself to lift more than normal, and I took my time, and enjoyed getting my sweat on. While I was sitting there between sets, I took a deep breath and realized that all my stress was gone. My shoulders were not tight, I felt more relaxed than I have in weeks. I sat there and kept breathing in and realized that it was like I everything that had been weighting me down was gone. Working out is like a drug. And I admit that I am addicted. Tonight, like I said I am skipping bible study, P went over to a friends house and I have a few glorious hours all to myself at home to organize my thoughts and get some things done!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, that is awesome! truly - you were also doing yoga - yoga lifting. yoga running. you were in your body and breathing. good job!!

Anonymous said...

oh, i read that eat live run blog too! if only i was young and carefree again. I'd run away to sunny california.

i live vicariously through her : )

time to clean up dinner and get gets to bed - that is my life !!

Brooke said...

the best workout is one where you can completely zone out and make the world disappear.

have a great weekend!

A Friend Across the Miles said...

Thinking of you today!

~~Camie~~