Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jock Walk

I have a special song that I sing to P in the mornings, it is a song my mom used to sing to me, and it goes like this:
Good morning to you,
Good morning to you,
Were all in our places,
With sunshiny faces,
and this is the way,
we start a new day.

I hum that to myself most mornings. I also sing that to P regularly in the mornings. He claims he doesn't like it, but I know better. I know he really does!

P also has a morning ritual. A few times a week before I leave, the likes to tell me, "Try to walk less like a jock." He then proceeds to mimic the way I walk. However, when he mimics me, it looks as if an ape were walking up right, just a tad step past dragging his knuckles on the ground.
UHH--as if.....
I walk the way I walk and I like it.
I walk fast- really fast. I don't really like to meander. I have a goal, I get to it, get it done, and move on.
I step hard--I will give him that one. I am a loud walker. I wear heels almost everyday and they are loud.
I am an alpha walker--I usually weave in and out of people, and I always try to slip in the door before the next person.
Sometimes I race people to doors, corners, mailboxes. They don't know we are racing, but usually I win, and do a little victory celebration in my mind.

Most mornings when P does his little routine, I roll my eyes and laugh.
I walk how I walk, and I like it.
To be honest, I know he does too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i walk fast too. drives the husband crazy.

i have to admit this post made me chuckle :)

~Carla~ said...

lol! I love it! I'm the same way... My hubby whines for me to "slow down", but it drives me insane to walk at a snails pace!!

Rochelle said...

Haha- My husband says I walk loud. He says he can hear me coming a mile away. Probably cause I always wear heels. Oh well. The worse was when I was pregnant. He told me it sounded like an elephant was walking around our house. Yah- didn't win any points with that comment.

Brooke said...

lol! we're in the same boat. jay says i clunk b/c i walk so loudly! and i always have to be the one to take the lead in a crowd or he just lets slow people set the pace.

Serendipity said...

I walk hard and I'm very clumsy. Rambo makes fun of me walks by a pile of papers and goes whoosh and makes them fly every to demonstrate my clumsy prone capabilities. :)