Saturday, September 10, 2011

On My Book Shelf

I have heard about this book for years, and I was at Whole Foods a few weeks ago and decided to finally bit the bullet and pick it up.

I want to see the documentary about this book, Forks over Knives. I cant find a place that carries it. I am really interested to see how a plant based diet can change our health.


I saw the movie first, which is something I never do. The movie made me laugh and cry, so I just had to pick up the book to see what it was all about.


I cannot put this down. Some friends came to stay with us a few weeks ago and gave us this book as a thank you. I started it on Thursday, and Iam over half way done. It is awesome!!!


This I picked up today at B&N. I love Paris, and I have been aching to go back. Well, the next best thing is to read about it I guess.


It is funny that I have purchased so many books in the past few weeks. Usually, I don't buy books, I check them out from the library. Being new to the city, I have not found the libraries yet, so I have been buying them. Not exactly frugal, and most of my fun money has been dissappearing into the books. I think I need to put a stop to the book buying, and get back to the book borrowing.


What are you reading these days?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read china study a few weeks ago. pretty convincing! i so need to read the help as I have heard it is so good. Can you believe I have not read born to run? I will put them both on hold at the library :) I just finished made from scratch turns out the author has a blog that I read before. (coldantlerfarm.blogspot.com) have a good weekend!!

p.s. - i've been wondering how your job is going?

~Carla~ said...

Loved The Help... I loved the movie as well, but the book has a lot more in it. I'm sure you'll love it! :) I'm currently reading "Amish Peace, Simple Wisdom for a Complicated World". I'm really enjoying it!