Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fit for a King

I think I have told ya'll before that I am a pretty active sleeper. Basically, I sleep in the shape of an X in the middle of the bed, and I move and kick, a lot. I am not aware of this as I am asleep, but apparently it is not so fun for P. For the past few years, he has adapted to this by sleeping on the edge of the bed, on his back, with his hands on his chest. Basically, he sleeps like he is in a coffin, and does not move all night.
When I wake up in the morning, he is in the same position, and my arm is usually draped across his face and my leg is kicked onto his stomach. Poor P.

A few weeks ago, we decided to bite the bullet and buy a new bed, a king! Now, we have more than enough room for me to spread out and get as comfortable as I want, and P can actually roll over at night and get comfortable too!!!

The problem that we are finding is that, we chose the mattress in about 20 minutes, now, we cannot decide on a flippin comforter. The past few weeks, I have purchased and returned over 12 comforters to the store. Last night alone, I returned over 400.00 worth of comforters to one store. When I walked in the girls behind the counter looked at me with their eyes wide. I am pretty sure they wanted to curse me out. But I smiled and handed them my receipts.

Picking this comforter has been a huge process and led us to several fights. P basically thinks that I am design deficient. I guess most girls are born with that design gene and can automatically tell what looks good. Apparently, I don't have it. When we have gone shopping for comforters, I automatically pick the brightest most girly patterned comforter. P looks at me, rolls his eyes, and says no. Thinking I am always right, I tend to try and stand my ground, pick a fight, and then one of us, mostly me, sulks around the store and becomes a pretty big pain in the ass. (Mom, its ok, ass is not a cuss word, its in the bible.)
I have pretty good rebound time, so I am usually back at it within 5 minutes after P comes and hugs me and tells me its alright, and feeds me some chocolate.

Long story short, I still have a few hundred dollars in comforters to return this weekend, and I am still not satisfied with what we have.

What size bed do you have? Are you an "active sleeper" like I or do you sleep in one position all night?
Do you have a keen sense of design?

5 comments:

Denise said...

your timing is uncanny! We just commented on the fact that we both slept horrible last night and the comforter is on the floor! We bought a cheapy comforter a few months back - and it is super cheap like doesn't feel all that good. It is more "manly" than "girly" - of course, I had to pick something that the dog wouldn't ruin either :)

hope you find something that works. Oh, I sleep coffin like too!

Daily Vacation said...

We just bought a new mattress (arriving today!) after sleeping years on a truly uncomfortable family hand-me-down. We only have a full, so things get pretty tight sometimes..haha. When we first got married, I would beat my husband up in my sleep, but then got used to him being there (the poor guy). He wakes up for EVERYTHING and then has trouble going back to sleep. I wake up sometimes and go back to sleep right away. I think I have the advantage here :)

lesley: the dream tree said...

we have a king also. the bedding was hard for me to pick out, one because king bedding is soooo much more expensive, but two, because it's hard to tell what pattern is going to look good with your room. ours doesn't match and it was like a $100 set, but no one sees it and it works.
good luck and try not to get so stressed (:

~Carla~ said...

Oohh... A king size! I'm jealous!! We have a double bed... And truth be told, there is currently a Winnie the Pooh comforter on it. :P

Brooke said...

our comforter is gun metal - a solid color so as not to offend jay with femine flowers. i'm not good at decorating, but i'm mostly proud of how the master bedroom looks.