Monday, January 21, 2013

Saying the things that need to be said

Have you told everyone in your life all of the things that need to be said? Have you told them you love them, you miss them, or how wonderful they are to you?

I just hung up the phone with my friend L. It has been a really rough couple of months for her. In November, she lost her job. At the time, we were really worried, and she was really angry, which she had every right to be.

About 3 weeks after she lost her job, her mom went into the hospital. She had a heart attack, and they thought that her mother was going to pass away. She has been in and out of the hospital since then. They have declared that she is in-operable, and they gave her 18 months at the most. The dr. told her to enjoy the time she has left. L has been driving back and forth to Oklahoma where her mother is almost weekly to be with her family.

The holidays came and went, and L was really ready to start working again. She has applied to jobs and nothing has come up yet.

This past week, her sister ended up in the hospital with the flu, phenomena, and the dr. told them yesterday that she needed to be moved to the ICU because she might pass away. Again, L jumped in her car and is on her way to Oklahoma right now to help take care of her family.

L does not believe in anything that I believe in, but as we were talking today, I asked her if she thought that losing her job when she did was a blessing? She has been the strong one in her family, she has been the rock, the constant. She has been there for every doctors appointment, for every family meeting, and for every single important moment.

Through our conversation, I asked her if she has said everything she needs to say to everyone in her life. Has she told them she loves them, has she shared what is important?

After I asked her that, I asked myself, have I said everything that I need to say to everyone I love? Do the people in my life know how I feel about them?

I hope so.

What is something you need to say to someone in your life?

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Very true, because unfortunately things happen and we may never get the chance!

Keeping your friend in my prayers.

~Carla~ said...

This post gave me goosebumps... Everything is in Gods perfect timing. I'm so sorry for what your friend is going through... :( Sending up a prayer for her.

Denise said...

powerful - I'm pretty open with my words. I'm glad your friend has you - someone to lean on if needed. Thinking of her.

lesley: the dream tree said...

i am very open with my feeling for others so they all know, but it's a struggle for a lot of people. everything happens for a reason, so losing her job probably was a blessing. her poor family. i hope they get better soon!