Monday, May 17, 2010

All the Single Ladies, Put Your Hands Up

Yes those would be the lyrics to the Beyonce song. No I am not truly single. Yes, I am living on my own for the next 2 weeks. P has packed up his stuff and moved out to our summer location. He left yesterday around noon. As most of you know, I really love my alone time. I like to putter around the house, think, write, organize, and spend time with just me. However, I found out yesterday that I enjoy that more when I know that P will be home soon. Our house seems so empty when he is not there. It seems so cold and sterile when he is gone. Plus, I don't sleep well. Every little sound wakes me up, and in a house as old as ours, there are a lot of those little sounds. I have some comfort with our dog there, I like to tell myself that he would protect me from an invader, but in all honesty, he would probably bring the intruder a ball and lick the man's face. So for the next two weeks it will be only me, and the dog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could lend you a few kids...

just a thought.

Brooke said...

my niece danced to the chipmonks version this weekend :)

i'm not a big fan of staying by myself either - even just in the afternoon if he has to work on the weekends.

Simplelivin' said...

Ugg, I know the feeling. One time when I was along I locked myself in the bedroom because I really thought someone was trying to break in...here it was a tree branch that had suddenly grown long enough to tap the window. Another time one of our shades decided to roll itself up! Never happened before, never happened again.

It's crazy the mental state you put yourself in when you're alone. Good luck!