O, young, naive, and stupid Allison, 365 days ago young one you were so ambitious. You had this long list of things that you wanted to do and accomplish. Here you are, a year older and wiser (???). Lets see how you did with your resolutions.
2013 Goals and Resolutions
Running and Exercise:
1. Run a 5K in under 24 minutes. Fail. With my foot drama this year, it did not happen. But, my foot is healed--so its time to rebuild.
2. Lift heavy things. Pass..ish. I wanted to lift 3x a week, and that didn't happen. But I have really tried to lift 2x a week and its going well.
3. Take a walk every day. Fail. Just didn't do this.
1.Earn extra income online. Fail. Didn't earn a single cent.
2. Systematically invest in our retirement accounts. Pass! P and I have started sending money to retirement every month on the 15th!
3. Save at least 2,000 in coupon savings this year. Fail. This year I saved 1,603.97 in coupons. Not to shabby me thinks!
1.P and I are doing an eating cleans starting January 2nd. I will give myself a pass on this one. I ate well probably 80% of the time.
1.Do an in depth study of 2 books of the bible. Fail. I didn't do 2 in-depth studies like I wanted, but I did make time to get in the word.
2. Write 1 hand written letter once a week. Fail. I have been doing this every other week.
3. Don't watch t.v. at least once per week. Major fail. So many days I just plopped down on the couch after work and watched t.v.
4. Read at least 35 books this year. Fail. I read 27 books.
5. Take fewer baths and more showers. I want to only allow myself to take baths on the weekends. Pass!
6. Learn to take better pictures. I have a fancy camera, but I need to learn how to use it. Fail. Still don't know much about my camera.
Yea, lots of fails on the resolution side this year. But, I was close on a lot of them. 2013 was a year of major changes at work. I got a big time promotion and I am currently up for an award for all the work I have done this year. Its also been a year of fun, growth, a little travel, and lots of self reflection.
This year, I have felt myself grow and change, and I like the person I am becoming.
Hats off to you 2013, you were a good year, and brought some huge projects, some major challenges, some changes, and some tears. But you also gave me lots of laughs, smiles, and another wonderful year with my husband. You brought me closer to family, you drew close friends away, and you taught me a lot about opening up and being vulnerable. This year, I learned that I am a lot tougher than I think, and that just because something is hard, does not mean it will break me.
I learned a big lesson about Divine intervention and provision. I learned that just when I think I got it, life will throw me a curve ball, and send me spinning.
I learned that quality is better than quantity in any and all things.
This year, I have learned to step out of my comfort zone, and even though its intimidating and scary, the rewards on the other side and sweet and fulfilling.
Tonight, I bid you goodbye with one of my favorite traditions, my mimosa. I have some champs chilling in the fridge, along with a bottle of OJ calling my name. While many of you are out raging and partying till the wee hours, I will be happily snuggled up on my couch with my drink, my man, my dogs, and some college football.
Target: Kandoo Wipes 50 ct $1.25
16 minutes ago