Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring is here

Spring has come to Texas and I am so excited. ( I know not officially, but we are a little earlier than the rest of the country) With the time change, that means more time to go outside and have fun. Spring means disc golf in the park, or running next to the river, or just sitting on the patio reading after dinner. Warm days, cool nights, and lots of sunshine make me a happy girl.
Sometimes I ask myself why I enjoy the spring, and the summer, and the reason I have come up with is that it is a time of renewal. Everything comes back to life again. It is as if everything is emerging from a long sleep. Spring and summer mean long days swimming and playing. It means a break from getting up early. It means staying up late and sleeping in. (Ok for me staying up late is 10pm, and sleeping in is 730). But it is a chance to slow down, stop and soak up some of the best things that life has to offer.
Plus, some of the very best things that have happened to me happened in the spring and summer. I met my husband in the summer, I was a spring time bride, and I get 3 whole months off of work in the summer! It is the best time of year. I am so ready to soak up the sun and the beauty of the earth this spring.
This is the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments: