Friday, March 13, 2009

Water




I am a water girl. Be it a pool, river, lake, or beach, I am at home in the water. For me, there is nothing better than playing in the water with the sun shining bright. I think one of the most relaxing things in the world is to sit at the edge of the water and read a good book. Unfortunately, for the past few days it has been cold and raining here so I have not been able to get outside much. But, today I was driving to the gym and I stopped to take some pictures of the river. It looked so beautiful and I wanted to share it with everyone. I know the pictures are not the best, but they are the best I could do with the camera I have. (I crave a major camera with a serious lens, but it is not in the budget so I have to make due.)
In the summer the river is over run with tourist from all over the country coming to enjoy the beauty of the 2 rivers in our town. While I like the summer, it gets crazy here during the summer months, so it is so nice to enjoy the peace of the rivers in the off season.
I just wish it was warm and sunny this week to enjoy it, but we have been in a terrible drought so the rain is seriously needed. Plus it will be good for the garden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is nice that you took the time to just notice the river regardless of the pictures. My husband loves the water too. I am growing to like it more now that the kids are older.