Sunday, March 4, 2012

Relationships > To Do Lists

At times, I get so caught up in the things that I have to do in life, that I forget to live a little and enjoy the time that I have. Last week was so busy and hectic, and I felt overwhelmed, exhausted, and frustrated all week. I was short with people, I was snapping at P, and I just was not in a good place. I kept telling myself I needed to get organized, and things would be ok. I made lists, I woke up at 5 and got stuff done before work, I ran errands during lunch, and ran errands after work, but I still could not get ahead.
I kept trying. I kept making my list. By Thursday, I was exhausted, and all I wanted to do was make a really long list, and accomplish my tasks over the weekend, and get ready for the next week.
However, we had a wedding to attend and friends staying at our place, so that was not a possibility. Friday evening I finally left work, and I was dreading having people at the house already, because I was tired and all I wanted to get things crossed of my list.

It is now Sunday night, I did about 2 things on my list, so that is still there and still pretty long, but I feel more rejuvinated, better rested, and more ready for the week ahead than I have in a long time.
A lesson that I constantly need to be reminded of is that RELATIONSHIPS are more important than LISTS. Everytime we have events with friends or family, I always walk away happier, and more at peace than I do on the weekends when I get everything crossed off my list. I laughed so much it hurt. I smiled so much my jaw aches. I went to bed after midnight 2 nights is a row, and it was awesome. Spending time with those I love is reminder that I need to be about PEOPLE. Jesus was about PEOPLE. He was about relationships, and I need to be the same.

Signing off tonight with a heart that is full, a mind that is sharp, and happy memories to keep me content for a long time.

2 comments:

Denise said...

oh, I so relate. Glad you had a great weekend.

Brooke said...

i have a hard time believing that people will want to visit my house if it isn't spotless...obviously untrue because plenty of people have when it wasn't.