Do you remember middle school? That horrible horrible time in life when the social cliques were beginning to form, and you were either in or out of the cool kids club.
I don't know why, but I was never invited to sit at the cool kids table at lunch. I don't know if it was because I was dressed by my mother every day. Maybe it was because I was that kid that sprinted to each class, dodging groups and open lockers in the hallway. That may have taken my cool quotient down a couple of notches.
Needless to say, middle school was not the best experience of my life, and the mental and emotional scars have all been healed.
But yesterday, something happened. I got invited to the cool kids table. Carla tagged me, which in effect means that I was given the golden ticket to sit with the popular kids. Carla asked me these questions, and because I am the newbie at the table, I will do exactly as I am told and answer the questions.
1. What is the bravest thing you've had to do in your life?
I went to graduate school and lived on my own for the first time, in a brand new city, where I didn't know anyone. It was hard and scary, but the time I lived alone really taught me a lot.
2. If you had to wear one colour for the rest of your life, which would it be & why?
Black. It goes with everything.
3. Coffee, tea, or neither? Favourite flavour?
I don't drink either.
4. Do you have any birthmarks?
Nope. I used to have a light one on my booty, but I think it disappeared.
5. One thing you regret (if anything) in life?
See this post.
6. Do you play any instruments? If not, do you regret not learning?
I took piano lessons for YEARS as a child. I hated every single second of it. I blocked everything I learned from my mind, so no. I am not musical at all.
7. How many REALLY good friends do you have?
3 or 4
8. Have you ever "dropped out" of anything? Lessons, school, etc...
The only team I was ever cut from was the 7th grade volleyball team. It devastated me.
9. Smartphone or "old school" phone?
Old school flip phone.
10. How long have you been blogging for?
11. Do you *LOVE* your job? I mean really love your job? Or is it "just a paycheck"?
I used to. I taught at a Christian school, and it was a great job. My job right now has its ups and downs.
Thanks for tagging me Carla! I feel really special. From what the other kids at the table told me, the appropriate response now is to tag a few more people. But, being so new to the table, I will do a huge faux pas, and rather than keep it exclusive, I would like to give everyone else the chance to play! If you want to answer the questions that Carla posed to me, do it! Uncool kids unite, we are all part of the cool kids table now.
I hope the cool kids don't tell me to leave tomorrow.