Friday, May 29, 2009

I want to shop

I am usually a frugal gal. I like to save money, I use coups, and cut down expenses whenever I can. But, for some reason these days I want to shop. I have had the strongest desire to shop till I drop. I want cute tops, fun shorts, and big chunky jewelry. I want to hit up the mall, target, and the shops and find a new outfit, or I want to buy things for the house.
For some reason, my sales monster has come out and it is shouting for me to hit the stores. I got to shop last weekend and bought 4 new tops, but for some reason it is not enough these days. AHHH!!(I'm laughing here, not angry!). Last weekend, we pasted the outlet mall and my favorite store Restoration Hardware the outlet was having a huge tent sale. I started salivating because I was so excited. Thankfully P was driving and we did not stop. He wanted to go also, but ultimately he made the smart choice to drive on by because we are saving, saving, saving! There are times we splurge and treat ourselves, but for some reason these days I want bright, shiny, and fun new things.
But, alas, I am trying to resist. So I will blog rather than shop and hope the sales monster gets tired and goes away.
Have a great weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Denise said...

well, if you did shop - everyone would say that you would be "helping the economy" !!

I have helped the economy enough - me need to save : )

Simplelivin' said...

I have been bitten my the shopping bug too and I have not shown as much will power as you... Good luck staying strong!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to that inner struggle, wanting to save, but wanting to have also. I wish I could say it gets easier, but alas, it does not. :( Good for P for being the strong one, definitely makes it easier when someone else is there to help with the willpower. Glad to hear you are out and about enjoying these beautiful days.