Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rally

I did something today that I have never done before, I went to a political rally, the San Antonio Tax Day Tea Party.
I really like politics and I follow what is going on pretty closely, and today I decided that I wanted to go to the Tea Party and support the cause. (Picture me punching my fist in the air!)

I know what I believe and I know that not everyone agrees with me politically, and I have to be ok with that. Even if we don't see eye to eye, I want Americans to be proactive. I want people to go out and let their voice be heard, and I did that today. This is America and people died so that we could have the right to gather and express our views and let the government hear our voices.

One thing that was so great about the rally was that is was a really positive experience. It was not about being a Republican or Democrat, it was about letting the government know who they work for and to whom they responsible to.

Right now our country is going through some really tough times. Many of our families, neighbors, and friend are hurting right now. Many are scared that they will walk into the office tomorrow and it will be their last day on the job. As Americans, we are tightening our belts. We are cutting back on our spending, and socking money away, which is great! But, the government needs to do the same thing. They need to be fiscally responsible. They need to remember that for the most part, we Americans work really hard, and many of us are trying to save for our future. Many of us work hard because we don't want the government to pay our bills or buy our food. We work 2 or 3 jobs, we get up crazy early everyday and we sacrifice to make ends meet.


And I believe that the government needs to do the same thing. So here are a few pictures of the rally and it felt great to be surrounded by 15,000 people in front of the Alamo, and say the Pledge of Allegiance, and sing the National Anthem, and pray together for our country. It was an amazing experience and I hope that you will join me tonight as I pray for the future of our country.


God bless America!!!
I saw a sign that said "Send Dave Ramsey to Congress!!"

No comments: