Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vacay America: Fantasy Edition

I think because summer is fast approaching I have vacay on the brain. Since P and I are not going anywhere this year, I decided to make a list of the places that I would like to go to again or for the 1st time and why I want to go there. To celebrate America I have decided to only list the places in our country. So sit back, relax, and imagine you self in one of these destinations, or reach back into the memory bank and find those fond memories of your vacations past. So in no particular order, here are a few of the places I would like to go this summer.....

Hawaii,
Beach, Sun, Sand, enough said.










Sonoma, CA









Ok I have to be honest about this one, the HGTV junkie in me wants to go here. They had their dream home this year in Sonoma and I thought it was just beautiful, and so yes that is why I want to go there.

Juneau, Alaska


I think that Alaska is that great unharnessed wilderness that the adventure junkie in me wants to explore. I want to see the open wilderness and experience the remoteness of this place.


New Orleans, LA




I went to college in LA and I really like that state. It is full of rich culture, history, and tradition. Once you cross the border it is like being in another world, and I really enjoy that.



The food, sights, and smells are enough to engage all my senses and leave me craving more. The french quarter, the garden district, and Jackson square are all some of my favorite places in the world.
New York, New York


We live in the country, but I am a city girl at heart. The noise, rush of people and traffic, small little neighborhoods, food, plays, street music, and parks, I like it all and I can't get enough. P and I will often go to Austin and stay in one of the hotels down town, and I can sit and stare out the window of the hotel and watch the people and cars go by for hours.
I have never been to New York but am aching to go. From everything I have seen, heard, and read, it sounds like my kind of place. I am such a people watcher and I would be perfectly content to sit and watch people for hours. Plus I want to catch a game, go to the Bronx, Queens, and all the boroughs of New York.

Chicago, IL
Are you seeing a trend? I like the big cities. I like getting lost in a crowd of faces and wandering for hours through the streets. This is another one of the places that I have never been, but am determined to go one day.






Ann Arbor, MI
In high school I remember doing research on Ann Arbor for some reason. I think it was a technology class (back when computers were new in schools) and we were practicing using the Internet and word, and I remember reading about this being one of the best cities to live in in America. Ever since, I have always wanted to visit and see the charm of this town.




Washington D.C.
I have been 3 times prior, but it was always for soccer tournaments and so we got to do some sight seeing, but for me, I could never get enough. The 1st time I walked into the senate, I got chills and my eyes watered up. I felt an energy there and I was amazed to be in a room where laws have been created that have changed the world.



I have always liked history (it was my major) and I could walk the mall for hours and not get tired of it. I want to taste the past, and savour it, and allow my mind to wrap around how awesome our country is! All politics aside, I love our country. I love that this is a place of freedom and opportunity!
Boulder, CO

P and I went last summer and I really really liked this fun, quirky little town. I don't know if I could live there, but it sure was fun to visit. There is so much to do and it is so beautiful, that I would really like to go back.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've never been to NYC either. I'm afraid it would freak me out. too loud and busy. I might go for Sonoma as well.