Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cedar Pollen, You Win

Allergy season you have defeated me. You win. You have brought me to my knees. Almost literally. No amount of meds can fight against you--evil cedar pollen. My eyes are swollen and blood shot. They are dry at one instant yet watery at the next. My nose is stuffed. My head aches. My throat is dry and itchy.
You come around every year and there is nothing I can do to allude the terror and pain you strike to so many.
Allergy season--- you need to end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it seems so early. hang in there. I have horrible allergies. so far so good though for me.

A Friend Across the Miles said...

So sorry to hear about that - allergies=major bummer.

Have you tried a tablespoon of local honey every day? It has to be local - exposes you very slowly to pollens from your area and helps build resistance. Do honeybees carry cedar honey?

Hang in there, my friend!

~~Camie~~

Brooke said...

hopefully the pollen will leave you alone soon enough.

around here winter is the only season that isn't allergy season!