Monday, January 24, 2011

He's done the research

This weekend while at my aunts, she was reading the newspaper and we began discussing the economy and the housing market. The paper said that because home prices have been falling, 2011 is a great time to buy a home.

She looked at me and said, with yall moving this summer, yall should buy a house.
We started talking and I explained to her that P and I are on the Dave Ramsey baby step plans, and that our goal is to buy a home with cash.
She looked at me like I was a bit crazy, and asked several questions. She said she didn't agree with it, and didn't quite understand it, but it was great to have that discussion.

As we continued talking, the subject of forclosure homes came up, and I remembered Dave's quote, and I told her, "Dave has done the research, and he has found that 100% of the homes that are fully paid for, don't get forclosed on."
She looked at me, laughed, and shook her head.
It was such a great reminder of what our goals are.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

It's true what dave says- people will start to think you're crazy when you pay in full with cash!! I know we get a lot of strange looks when we "Dave Talk". None of our friends and family understand why we don't want to carry debt. Live like no one else so we can live like no one else.

xo
Rochelle

Anonymous said...

yep, someone was shocked at us by the fact that we do not have a credit card. No cash. No buy!!

Good for you!!

Brooke said...

i'm not as brave as you! i think its awesome (but definitely weird)

Anonymous said...

I'm always down with being weird especially when it eliminates stress

Serendipity said...

I have found myself quoting dave a lot lately, especially since I have found myself listening to his radio cast on the ride home from work. I will purposely leave work five minutes late so I catch the beginning just in time. A lot of people will stare at you weirdly but I think it's okay, especially if you know that you're doing things for the greater good.