Sunday, June 24, 2012

Coldplay





On Friday night P and I went to see the opening concert for Coldplay's new tour. I bought the tickets back in February for P's birthday, and I really stretched and totally went over budget for it, but it was so worth it.
It was one of the best night outs that we have ever had. We got to the arena, got a few drinks, and walked around for a bit. We had about 30 minutes to kill so we ended up sitting down at a pretty swanky all buffet in the arena and it was way over priced, but still really fun. The concert started right at 7 with Wolf Gang opening up, and followed by Robyn. She was really Europop, and kinda funky, but totally entertaining.

At 9:07, the lights dimmed and Coldplay rushed the stage, and rocked it with a killer concert. For two hours they played their buns off, and when the show ended, I looked at my watch and could not believe they played for two hours straight. It was hands down the greatest concert that I have ever been to, and I highly recommend seeing them if you have a chance.

Whats the last concert you went to? Did you like it? Was it worth the cost?

7 comments:

lesley: the dream tree said...

aww, lucky! they are coming to chicago, but that's 5 hours from me so i don't get to go this summer.
glad you had one of the best nites out though. those are totally worth it, no matter the cost (:

ERIKA said...

That is so cool! I'm glad you had fun and I think memories were made, so it was worth the cost!

I used to go to concerts all the time and buy concert t-shirts. They are so worth it!

~Carla~ said...

Awesome!! So glad you loved it!! :) The last concert I went to was Alan Jackson... I've loved him for 20 years, he's even better in real life!! :)

Brooke said...

sometimes, you just gotta stretch the budget a bit :)

penny pencher said...

Wow, Lucky man to have you!!! I would say sometimes it's all about the experiance and memories added. Coldplay is hands down one of my favorites and if you get the chance you should see them in another city outside of your owns. Great job

Bubbles said...

I love Coldplay!

KyraTX said...

Coldplay would be fantastic to see! I finally got to see Duran Duran last year, after being a fan for almost 20 years. So worth it.