Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crutching Along


I am on crutches. There they are. Sitting up against the window in the office. My loyal dog has not left my side. Well, he walks about 5 steps away to gaze out the window, but the sweet dog has been doing his best to take care of me.

A few years ago while training for my second marathon, I developed a planters wart on the ball of my foot. I had to lanced off. It hurt like heck and I was on crutches for about 2 weeks the first time.

Well, the thing came back in the exact same spot on my foot. These past 2 months, running has been really painful because of this thing. I went to the doctor, he lanced it again, and I am on crutches, again.
It really blows, but I know it will make my running less painful.

The only good thing about being on crutches......people have been really nice to me!

4 comments:

lesley: the dream tree said...

that stinks! hopefully you don't get any ice and have to try to crutch along on it.

Brooke said...

i had some warts burnt off my hand and haven't stopped b*tching about it since. i guess it could be much worse!!

Denise said...

oh, I hope it heals quickly -
no fun!!

~Carla~ said...

Ouch!! :( Hope you feel better soon!! Your dog is absolutely gorgeous!!! Wanna trade for a fat & moody Calico cat by chance?