Sunday, January 27, 2013

Complete




I have achieved quite an accomplishment today. It took a long time, but, with a great deal of effort on my part, I finished. Today, I successful finished watching the entire series of The Gilmore Girls. Again.

Thank you so much for all of your praise. Yes, I agree it was very hard and it took months of dedication and perserverence. But, I started this, and I needed to finish it. I needed to tough it out, see it through, and I did. Way to go me, way to go.

A few months ago, I was looking through all of our DVD's and I pulled out the first season of Gilmore Girls. I watched the first disk, and remembered how much I liked this show. I used to watch it every single week when it was on t.v. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it made me think.

I watched it when I was alone at school, and I always remember wishing I had a best friend like Loreali. She was smart, funny, witty, a risk taker, and had a great sense of style.

Now that I have watched it through grown up eyes, I still wish I had a friend like Loreali. But, more than that, I wish I lived in Stars Hollow, the fictional town where the show was filmed. It is a town full of character, charm, and quirky residents. There were beautiful homes, historic buildings, and you could walk anywhere.

This is the first television series I started watching in my late teens, and into my college years. Certain episodes remind me of exactly where I was when I saw it the first time. I remember laughing my tail off with my mom when we watched the episode where Rory goes to her first boy girl dance. I remember sitting on our old couch, wrapped in blankets enjoying time together. We were able to watch a show that showed characters totally different from us, but made us laugh and gave us something to look forward to each week.


Have you ever seen the Gilmore Girls? Do you like it?

Is there a t.v. show, or series that you watch all the time? What is it?

5 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Never watched it, but I honestly don't care for the actress who played the mother... *blush*

Tv series... I used to watch all the older family shows... Cosby Show, Dukes of Hazzard, Family Ties, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, etc.. classics! haha!!

Denise said...

I ache for that kind of friend too (gosh, I can't believe I just admitted that) as much as I LOVE where I live - I haven't had to many close friends here :(

I haven't watched that series but I think I would like it. I am only partial to Downton Abbey otherwise not much tv for me.

Rochelle said...

Wow...I watched the first 2 seasons when it first aired and then for some reason (KIDS!) I stopped. Great show, so glad you set a goal and completed it!

I am in love with Downton Abbey. I also love Flipping Out and Drop Dead Diva.

Brooke said...

i never could get into it. please don't de-friend me!!

Sharon said...

We are all HUGE fans of Gilmore Girls. We all mourned when the series was over.