Sunday, January 8, 2012

3 out of 4

Over the Christmas holiday I read 4 books and 3 of them were AWESOME.

I read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling and The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay all 3 by Susan Collins.

I am pretty behind the times with the Hunger Games series, but I finally picked them up and read them all. O my word, they were so good. The first book was probably one of the best books I have read in the last 2 years. Intense, mind blowing, suspenseful, and AMAZING!
I could not put the first 2 Hunger Games books down. All I wanted to do is read. I became irritated and annoyed when I had to do things like, talk to people, go to the bathroom, or sleep because I wanted to do was read these books. I read the first one in about a day, and I read the second one in an afternoon. The third book in the series was just ok, and I didn't think it was nearly as good as the first two. They basically rocked my world, but in a really good way.

Once I finished the Hunger Games, I moved on to Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me, and this is hands down one of the funnest books I have ever had the pleasure of reading. This was side splitting, laughsohardIalmostcriedandpeedmypantsatthesametime, clutch my chest, and bowl over funny. Mindy Kaling is hilarious, and her stories are genius. Simply genius. This book is so funny that sometimes as I am walking down the street or hall, I think back to something I read and I am that weird person who just busts out laughing when no one is around.

Has anyone read any of these books?

What are you reading now?

4 comments:

Heather said...

I just got Catching Fire from the library, so I am looking forward to sitting down with that today during rest time :-) I have heard mixed reviews on the third book. Actually, most people I have talked to didn't really like the ending, saying it was rushed. I hope that it ends ok though :-)

Debby said...

Haven't read any of them, thanks for the info, love a good book!!

The Budgeting Babe said...

I read Bossypants and it was funny but not great. I have been wanting to read the Mindy Kaling book - now I know what I'm getting from Amazon with my next order!

Anonymous said...

hunger games is on hold at the library!! can't wait now. we read a like.