Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions

I didn't want to post this, because so many people do, but, I am a organizational freak, and I live and die by my lists, so I figured I would jump on the band wagon and post my goal this year. I do goals weekly and make lists daily, so here they are. Call them what you will, goals resolutions, crap that everyone eventually forgets about, but here are mine. Like any good list junkie, I did categorize them for my sanity.

Running
1. PR in a 1/2 marathon. My goal time is 1:55, but I would be really pleased to get under that time.
2. PR in a 5K, I want to hit the 23:00 minute mark.
3. Run in the morning at least once a week. I really like having my afternoons free, so this will hopefully motivate me to become a morning runner.

Money
1. Max out our Roth IRA's (His and Hers)
2. Save at least 20K towards a home
3. Save at least 1,000 through coupons
4. Earn 5,000 in extra side income.

Personal
1. Read 40 books this year.
2. Do an in depth bible study of 2 Old Testament Books
3. Cook 1 new meal per month
4. Blog more often (at least twice per week)
5. Get Term Life insurance for both of us
6. Do 5 big random acts of kindness
7. Continue to send 1 handwritten letter per week.
8. Bathe less. I may not brush my hair very often, but I am almost always clean. I hate taking a shower, I would rather take a bath. Baths are such water wasters and not green at all, so I am going to try to take fewer baths and more showers.

There you have it. Those are my goals for this year. I am a big believer that if you write it down, and continually look at those goals, you will more likely to achieve it. I am going to start checking in each month to track our progress.

Have you made goals?

7 comments:

Aubrey Rose said...

I have 12 big goals for the year, but on top of that I set myself smaller goals each month.

Unknown said...

Great goals. I decided to pick a word that will guide all my goals this year - Discipline.

~Carla~ said...

Awesome goals! Quite the list too! Good luck, girl!!! :)

Michelle said...

good luck with your resolutions!

Brooke said...

oh i thought you meant you'd just use a wet wipe every other day or so ;)

you're super fast!! good luck on those race PRs

The Happy Homeowner said...

Great goals! I love that you've set specific, varied goals--that's how I did my 12 for 2012 and I think it's key to being successful. Best of luck this year!

Anonymous said...

i have complete confidence that you will make all your goals - especially the financial ones.