Wednesday, January 11, 2012

No Spend Month Update, and and some spending

P and I decided to participate in Carlas no spend challenge for the month of January. We have cut our entertainment budget for the month and are not eating out, no extras or treats, or even one off's at the store that we would put on our debit card. We decided that we would only buy the things that we need with our cash budget.
We have been doing pretty well. The only thing that we spent money on that was not budgeted, was on some food and treats for his sister and brother in law's birthday dinner.

Yahoo for savings!!!

However, yesterday during lunch I ran to Target to pick up a few things that I had coupons for.

The total came out to 27.06 before coupons. After my coupons, I ended up paying just .44 cents!!I purchased

3 first aid kits

2 dental flosses

2 Chobani Yougarts

2 Cascade packs

1 Glucose Monitor ( This is going to the food bank. I bought this because after my coupons it was free, and I never pass up on free items. I hope this will go to someone who really needs it!)

5 comments:

~Carla~ said...

You are *AWESOME*!! That's a great idea to donate it to the food bank!! :)

Michelle said...

Wow that's awesome!

Brooke said...

that's incredible!!! definitely some good stuff in there. if you haven't already you should research writing off donations like that.

Live Simply- Live Well said...

ooooo really? I didnt even know you could do something like that!!

Anonymous said...

where are you finding your coupons?