Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Garden

Today P and I got up early to work in the garden. Here are some snapshots from the day.
Before

During
Here is a pretty cool picture of P running the rake through the dirt to make mounds for planting
After
Here is a picture of the finished garden. We planted tomatoes, green beans, squash, onions, herbs, and peppers.

I am totally new to gardening and I don't have much of a green thumb. However, P grew up working on his grandfather and uncle's farm every summer, and he really knows what he is talking about when it comes to gardening. I grew up in the suburbs and we did not have a vegetable garden. My mom loves plants and flowers, but it is not something I have ever gotten into. Plus, I don't really have a green thumb. But, this is the 2nd garden I have helped with and I have enjoyed learning so much. Plus, I really get excited when everything is ready to pick. It is like Christmas everyday!
Hope you enjoy the pictures.

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have snow on the ground - not much good for gardening.

TeacHer said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! I have one of those indoor herb gardens with the UV lights and I love it, but I'm not sure I could tackle something like your huge outdoor garden. BTW, I love your blog!