Sunday, May 22, 2011

Runners Envy

Running the last few months has been really hard. I have gone out on runs, but the entire time it was a mental battle, I simply was not into it. I would run because I needed exercise, but mentally I was counting down the seconds until I could stop.
For some reason, I have had no desire to run since the last marathon I did back in November. Running had lost its place for me, and I was not sure what to make of that. I have always run, and I have always enjoyed it for the most part. It was perplexing to me for a long time.
However, something changed in me last week. I have had a lot to do in the afternoons and I knew that there were some days I was not going to get a chance to work out. As I was driving home from work the other afternoon I saw some people out running, and I became really envious. I was jealous that they were out running and I was not! It stirred something in me to go out and run. So I did. I didn't have much time before dark (and living by myself, I try not to go out past dark) so I ran a quick 2 miles and it felt awesome.
Yesterday I got up early and ran for an hour, and I enjoyed every second of it!!
It is like rediscovering an old friend that I have been missing for a really long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny - I've been having this same issue with running. today i did run though - 5.5 miles

Brooke said...

welcome back :)