Thursday, April 18, 2013

Are we ready, Part 3; The Meet Up


For more information, you can read part one here, or part two here.

The third component of our evacuation plan is a meet up spot. In the event of a disaster, natural or man made, we have picked two places to meet up as quickly as possible.

If we were to lose power, or to lose Internet and cell service and we could not get a hold of one another, we have picked two places to meet up. One is relatively close, and the other is a bit further.

If I am being truthful, I think this is probably the hardest part of the plan for me to swallow. If I were not able to find P, I don't know that I would want to leave the city. Trying to make my way to our rondevu on my own, not knowing if P was headed that way, or if he was even alive or well, that would be hard. My instinct would tell me to stay in place and search for him, but that is the reason we have a plan. We have these procedures set in place to protect us, and get us to safety as soon as possible.

Do you have a spot to meet up if your family is separated? How do you think you would respond if you were seperated? How would you get there? Do you think you would be ready and willing to leave the city on your own without your spouse or kids?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

yet another excellent topic of discussion (that j and i have never addressed).

you're giving me hot tub topics.