Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pondering and Predictions

Prediction
Snuggling up on the couch next to P, this is the climax of the season. Months of blood, sweat, and tears, all come down to this. The BCS Championship game. I love, yet dread this time of year, when football season is winding down, and days spent on the couch watching game after game. Its over, its depressing. But, I do have 10 bucks riding on this game with about 15 friends, so even though I want Texas to win, I put my money on Bama. So, lets Roll Tide, I need them to win 32-20.

Pondering
It is a new decade! So much has changed in the past 10 years, the world is different, I am different. Sometimes, when I look back at who I was, I shudder and how selfish I was. I think about how immature I acted. UHHH, if I only knew then what I know now. 10 years ago I was entering my final semester as a senior in high school. I was about to sign my letter of intent to play college soccer, and was looking forward to a new challenge, yet scared out of my mind. I was so scared that the week before I was to leave, I told my parents that I didn't want to go to college. (In the end, I went) I was getting ready to move out of the only home I had ever known, and into a room with 6 other strangers. I was about to break up with a boy I had been dating for a few months, and really didn't even like. I threw my cap in the air on a football field on graduation night. I said goodbye to life long friends, some of whom I have not spoken to since that night. I jumped into a suburban with a bunch of girl friends and drove to the beach for my senior trip.
There are so many things that were going on in my life 10 years ago, but I am really glad where they have taken me. I have had some highs, and some lows, good and bad, beautiful, beautiful and ugly, and many moments in between. Would I do it all over again? Sure. I would be a little smarter about some things. I would have tried a little hard in school and been a little more prudent in my decisions. I would have worked harder to hold on to some friendships and thanked people more along the way. Yes, I would do it all over again. As long as it led me back here. Back to this couch, with this man, whom I love so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you think that all our life events were for a purpose - to take us where we are today. My boys are both watching the game. Me - I could care less. that is why I am reading your blog during the game : )

A Friend Across the Miles said...

I love looking back and seeing where I came from and how God brought me right to this spot. Makes me grateful.

Wooo-hooo, Bama!

Brooke said...

didn't see the final score, but apparently taking out McCoy was the best thing Alabama did all night!