Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions and Goals

It is so exciting this time of year. A time to start anew, a time to refresh, a time to start with a clean slate, a do over, a re try. When I was little, my brother would beat me at every game we played. Every single one. I remember playing soccer in the yard and he would win time after time, and I would say over and over, ok lets redo this game. Lets try this again, I am going to get serious this time. I really am going to focus now. That is how I feel about the 1st few weeks of the new year. It is a time to look at the past, and fix the things about your life that need tweaking.
I think that writing down goals is such an important exercise.
So here are my resolutions for 2010:
1. Write one letter a week.--I love sending hand written cards to my family and friends. A long time ago I decided that I would write 1 letter a week to someone that I cared about or someone I wanted to reconnect with. I am going to continue this goal. The one stipulation I have is that they must be hand written. It is so much more personal that an email, or a typed letter. So even though I don't like my handwriting I love doing this each week.
2. Green Up-- I want to continue to learn more about living green, and implementing those things into my life. I wrote in November that I wanted to start a compost pile for trash and have yet to do that. So this year, I really want to begin to act on the things I am learning.
3. Use what I have-- P and I did a massive purging this weekend. We took everything out of our kitchen cabinets and went through it all, and donated the things that we did not need. I also did the same thing with my clothes. For the next several weeks I am going to wear every single thing in my closet. If it is too tight, too big, too long, too short, or too anything to be worn, it will end up in the pile for Goodwill.
4. Fully Funded E-Fund-- P and I are so close to completing our E-fund. Just a few more months!!!
5. Principal Certification- I have considered getting my principals certification for some time and I want to really sit down and do the research this year.
6. Read More-- I enjoy reading, and can usually finish a book pretty quickly, and I want to continue to read books that inspire me, entertain me, and challenge me.
7. Cook More-- This past year I have developed a passion for cooking, and I want to continue to learn and experiment with new recipes and techniques.

Happy New Year

3 comments:

A Friend Across the Miles said...

Great goals all. What is an E-fund?

Anonymous said...

yes, I agree. great goals. a few other blogger friends (Camie included) have exchanged actual addresses. It is the BEST thing to get something in the mail from them. So, I'd love your address if you don't think I am too weird.

denisemcarthur@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Great list of goals, I look forward to seeing you achieve them all. Happy New Year!