Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Bike For P

For the past few months P has been expressing interest in getting a road bike. He has mentioned several times in the last few months and my response has always been, yea that would be cool to get, one day. See we are still on Dave Ramsey baby step 3, saving for a fully funded emergency fund. It is going really well, and we are saving over 1/4 of our income every month. Plus, we still get to enjoy life by eating out and doing things like going to the movies, etc. A few weeks ago P and a friend went cycling one morning and P came home and was really excited and again we had the discussion about the bike. He was excited and really wants this. P rarely says that he wants anything and when he does want something, he spends his fun money on it. As we were talking about it I came up with about 36 reasons why we could not do it. We need this, we need that, we need to save, etc. Basically, I was not the most supportive, I immediately went to negative, and no, rather than discuss it. Then a few days later I was out for a run and thinking and I suddenly got an idea. What if we used some money from our checking, and for the next 2 months rather than using money for dining out and entertainment, we use that money for a bike. I realized that P having a bike and getting to do something he really enjoys means more to me than going out to dinner and seeing a movie. He is going to have a blast and get a serious workout in all at the same time.

So, P, I love you. I wish I could give you everything you ever wanted. I wish that I could go out and get it for you right now. You have never asked for that, it is simply my desire. You deserve this. You support me, love me, honor me, cherish me, and I feel like the most loved girl in the world. My hope and prayer is that I can do the same for you. You are an amazing man, and your love humbles me. You love me even when it is hard. You love me when I am at my worst. You love me when I don't give it my all. Thank you P for being who you are. Your love makes me want to be a better woman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does P read your blog? I hope so - those were some very kind words!! I say "get the bike" too.

Anonymous said...

you bet I read her thoughts, however after that love paragraph I don't want a bike. I'm crazy about this lady.