Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Long Live the Sandwich


This has been the staple of our diet the past 2 weeks. Seriously. For the past few weeks, P and I have hardly cooked, which is very unusual for us. Normally we cook together almost every night of the week, and then eat the leftovers. But for the past 2 weeks we have been eating almost nothing but the sandy. My diet has not differed in the slightest the past few days. Here has been my menu-
Breakfast-Oatmeal and fresh fruit
Snack-Cheese Stick
Lunch- Sandwich, fruit, wheat thins
Dinner-Sandwich, fruit, wheat thins
Right now P is in the kitchen fixing his own sandy and enjoying every bite. I just finished one of my own, but as I was eating it, it hit me that this has been my main dish for almost 14 days. WOW.
I can chalk it up to being busy, to the new school year, but the truth is I just have not felt like cooking.
Hopefully tomorrow I will prepare something for dinner. If not, there is always the sandy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, you might want to mix things up a little bit. you know - variety is the spice of life ; ) actually, i think that is awesome. i wish somedays i could do the same.